Monday, August 22, 2011

Another School Dress

DSC_0498

This month I thought I was going to have time to sew up some back to school clothes for Julia but this is the only dress I have been able to finish. I know she is only going to preschool and back to school clothes don't matter as much when they're in preschool, but I still wanted to make her something special. One thing I really need to buy her is shoes. Her feet have grown so much this summer.

For this dress I used a vintage pattern I bought at a vintage store. For the trim I used cotton cluny lace. I realized while I was cutting it that it was the same color as the blue dress shown on the pattern. I wish I would have sewn it up in bright color but I've been wanting to use this fabric up. I love the color on her anyway.

I asked Julia where she wanted to take pictures and she picked her room.


DSC_0554


DSC_0530


DSC_0568


DSC_0483

4 comments:

lizziedoesit said...

she looks beautiful, you did a great job on the dress!!

i want to take sewing lessons soon :)

hugs!

Marcela said...

I love the button details on the back. Se looks darling with that braid.

She really wears that dress!

elizabeth said...

I. LOVE. THIS. DRESS.

And with the knee socks.....I love it more!

I really do dream about vintage patterns....they are just fabulous!

Great job!

Yoly said...

Wow...you did an awesome job!!! I sew too but you are so talented :) She looks adorable :)